The design of the 6 Hi Mill is a joint effort of Hero Steels Limited and MECON. Main features of the Mill are:
- Level-2 Automation and Man Machine Interface provided by Ansaldo Micro Systems, Italy
- Fully flat shape of CRCA sheets through shift able Intermediate Roll (IMR)
- Reduced edge drop through shift able IMR and bending force
- Better grain structure due to higher reduction
- Thickness close to nominal through Auto Gauge Control (AGC)
- Uniform properties of the total coil length through elongation control during skin pass
- Speed of 800 meters per minute
- Better Shape control through bridle arrangement
Annealing is a process of heating, soaking and controlled cooling of coil in a non-oxidizing atmosphere. Metallurgically, the annealing process relieves the stresses developed by Cold Rolling and renders the strip soft and restores its ductility and formability.
Hydrogen annealing furnaces use 100% hydrogen atmosphere, resulting in a clean and bright surface of the strip. The automated feature of furnaces at Hero Steels helps to maintain accuracy in operation so as to deliver consistent quality
The Company went live with SAP R/3 Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Software in February 2001 and currently using SAP ECC 6.0. This system is helping us offer our customer better service through the creation of a transparent system, ensuring better communication and providing reliable analytical tools.
SAP is among the most popular ERP system in the world, and has been the key behind the success of many businesses.
At Hero Steels, we are proud of our work force. We boast of having well qualified people at every level of operation. We consider each member to be a part of the Hero Steel Family and work as a team that strives to meet our customers' needs, expressed or implied.